AS Roma vs Lecce h2h – a short summary
Sports fans rejoiced as it was an exciting match! AS Roma vs Lecce h2h Matchday 9 of the Italian Championship took place on 9 October 2022. The Club of Rome were in sixth place in the table with 16 points. In the last encounter, Roma took a 2-point lead over their opponents on foreign soil. Lecce were in 13th place with 7 points. In their last meeting, this team drew 1-1 at home to Cremonese. In the past five sporting battles between the teams, five victories for Roma have been established.
What can be said about these teams is this:
- Lecce are in mixed form in the Italian Serie A, with the players coming away victorious from one home match at the Stadio Comunale Via del Mare;
- Roma are in mixed form in Serie A, with representatives of the team winning five away matches;
- Lecce have won once in their last 12 meetings with Roma.
Both the Paprians and the Romanists had every chance of winning the match. However, the contest ended 2-1 in favour of the other side.
What was memorable about the game?
The first half began with Roma introducing the ball into the game. Looking ahead, it’s worth noting that the first half ended 1-1. What was memorable about this half:
- Corner: Pellegrini Lorenzo (Roma) gave a pass to the near post from the right corner of the pitch. There was some play on the ball. Lorenzo plays a corner kick into the bottom corner with his closest team-mate.
- Unsuccessful shot on goal: Andrea Belotti (Roma) right footed shot from outside the box. The ball flew past the goal and Belotti tried a long range shot towards goal, well outside the box.
- Another corner kick: Lorenzo from the right-hand corner of the field gave a pass to the near post. And again the ball was played out. Pellegrini opted for a low shot.
- Goal: Roma’s Chris Smalling has a header into the box after a corner.
A really fine cross went to Lecce and Smalling bounced the ball into the net. Then, again, there were shots on goal, corners and penalties, which were serious. Paprika’s Julmann Morten was red-carded as he ran straight into Belotti with one foot.
Then, there was a corner, kicks on goal, another corner and a goal. This time it was Lecce player Strefezza Gabriel who got his right foot out of the box and into the goalmouth. Strefezza picked up the rebound in the opposition box and shot wide of the post.
Before the end of the first half, there was a shot on goal and a corner kick on 3 occasions. Compensatory time of the half was 3 minutes. There were no goals here, just shots on goal and a corner kick.
What happened next?
Then the substitutions began, as often happens on a football pitch. Players were replaced in both teams. At the very beginning of the second half, a penalty was awarded to Lecce as Askildsen knocked down Abraham in his own penalty box.
A short time later, a goal was signalled as Paulo Dibala (Roma) volleyed a left-footed shot into the box from the penalty spot. The team took the lead. The player accelerated and drove the ball into the left-hand corner! This event decided the outcome of the game. However, no one on the pitch knew about it yet, and the game went on. Shots on goal, corner kicks and yellow card penalties were again taking place. There was also an offside situation: Lorenzo Colombo was caught offside. The second half lasted 50 minutes.
The fans remembered the match because it was an exciting one, with the intrigue remaining until the last minute. Roma fans cheered at the end as they enjoyed their team’s victory.